Saturday, May 9, 2015

Put me back in the Matrix.

 Let me start off by saying, The Matrix is one of my all time favorite movies.  The first one, not the last two.
 
  I have just finished watching Jupiter Ascending.  I have to say it took me four tries to get to the end.  I kept stopping it and going back to installments of Wicked Tuna on Netflix, because I couldn’t take the silliness.
All along I kept thinking this had to be developed from a book written for young teens.  The skate like hover boots drove me crazy.  Not to mention the downright idiocy of decisions taken by the characters.  Some of it was so bizarre, I figured key points from the book had to have been left out, as is often done.

  Anyway.  I finally finish the film and I went to look up the book.  Imagine my surprise when I found out it was written by the Wachowski brothers (it’s not a book).  Errr.  The Wachowski brother and sister now.

  I won’t say anymore in case I spoil it for everyone, but who the %$$@ goes out on a balcony to look at all the pretty explosions just to get the opportunity for the balcony to suddenly detach from the building???  And don’t let me get started on the ladder rungs on the outside of buildings that separate only to be held in place by electrical wire wires. And the space ships, I refuse to even go there for fear of going into an apoplectic fit.  What engineer in their right mind would design a facility like this?

  The special effects were very good, unfortunately the story line ruined them.  I think I will watch The Matrix now just to settle down.

No comments: